Matches come together through our two essential programs:
- Community-based Mentoring : For as little as an hour a week, Bigs and Littles meet in their community to share fun activities … stories … and a little bit of themselves. Learn more >>
- Site-based Mentoring : Bigs and Littles meet once a week in schools to talk and have fun. It’s not about being a tutor … it’s about being a friend. Learn more >>
Learn about our other program initiatives:
A lot of things have to happen before we make a match. All our Bigs go through a thorough background check and careful interview process. Then we match Bigs and Littles based on location, personalities and preferences. And we provide full support along the way — so that matches can grow into lasting friendships.
Getting together is a great time for both Bigs and Littles. It doesn’t require a special occasion or expensive activities; just a few hours every month sharing simple things you already enjoy with a young person. Things like….
- Shooting hoops
- Playing a board game
- Sharing a pizza
- Taking a walk in the park
- Or just hanging out and talking
Calls come in every day from parents, teachers and guidance counselors. They know what a difference a mentor can make in a child’s life. Your gift can help make Big magic for children in your local community by:
- Helping us to recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- Ensuring that trained professionals match children to caring and responsible Bigs
- Offering one-on-one, ongoing supervision and support for every match
- Providing cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children
And 92.2% of every dollar you give goes directly to making and supporting matches; the remainder covers overall program administration.
Think about a child who has wished for a Big Brother or Big Sister. Someone to have fun with and confide in. Someone to be a mentor. A guide. A friend. Now … think of how your gift could make a difference in that child’s life.