- Volunteers are matched with a child between the ages of 7 and 14 to form a mentoring relationship. During outings, Bigs and Littles do every day activities that provide children with the opportunity to discover a world of possibilities for their life.
Volunteers must meet the following criteria to be matched with a child in our community-based program:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be open to being matched with any same gender child in need
- Live within a 30 minute drive of a child waiting for a mentor
- Be able to commit to a 1 year relationship, meeting at least 2 times a month
- Own a car and have valid DL and proof of insurance
If you feel you meet the criteria above, please view the chart for the application process.
Couple's Program(Community Based): Couples in a committed relationship often find that sharing the responsibility of a Little Brother fits well within the time constraints of a busy life. The time commitment for this program is 3-4 times per month for at least one year. Partners can spend part of this time with the child one-on-one, but at least 50% of the time spent with the child must be as a couple. Applications of both parties need to be sent in for us to process the couple at the same time.
Getting together is a great time for both the Big and the Little. It doesn’t require a special occasion or expensive activities; just a few hours every month to share the simple things you already like to do. Things like….
- Shooting hoops
- Playing a board game
- Sharing a pizza
- Taking a walk in the park
- Or just hanging out and talking